Disciplinary Hearing Guidelines

Moderators: Executive Staff, Command Staff

Jake Anderson

Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm

Disciplinary Hearing Guidelines
Disciplinary hearings are in place to allow Troopers to contest punishments that they believe is unfair, unethical, etc. Hearings may only be filled for the following.
  • Blacklists
  • Discharges
  • Demotions
  • Suspensions

Any other kind of punishment regardless of how it is carried out will not be accepted. If you believe your punishment was against departmental protocol, please contact Internal Affairs and work with them. If you feel your punishment was illegal in any way, please contact legal representation within the department and continue from there. There are a few restrictions on hearings which will be listed below, per type of hearing.

All Hearings:
  • All hearings must follow the hearing format.
  • Failure to follow the format correctly will result in an immediate denial.
  • Evidence must be given as to why the hearing is invalid.
  • Hearings without valid evidence will be denied.
  • Chatlogs are not considered valid evidence, however screenshots of the chat, be it ingame or through another medium like Discord, Teamspeak, Etc. will be accepted.
  • Hearings must be conducted professionally, if at any time either side acts unprofessionally, the hearing is subject to being rejected or accepted depending on the party acting unprofessionally.
  • Hearings may only be conducted publicly through the forums unless stated otherwise by a Command+ member.

Blacklists:
  • Blacklist hearings may only be conducted by members of the Executive Staff.
  • Blacklist hearings may only be filed 7 days after Dishonorable Discharge or after the blacklist is issued.
  • Blacklist hearings have up to a 7 day waiting period to allow the Executive Staff to discuss the blacklist and handle it accordingly.
  • If a hearing is denied you must wait 30 days before posting another one unless given different instructions by a member of the Executive Staff.
  • If the blacklist was issued as a result of an IA investigation, IA command must attend the hearing.

Discharges:
  • Discharge hearings may be filed same day of your discharge.
  • Discharge hearings may be handled by the member who discharged you and two others of the same or higher ranking brackets.
  • Discharge hearings have up to a 7 day waiting period to allow the members involved to discuss your discharge.
  • OOC Discharges for OOC Corruption or defacing the State Patrol's reputation are denied the opportunity for a hearing.

Demotions:
  • Demotion hearings may be filed the same day of your demotion.
  • Demotion hearings may be handled by the member who demoted you and two others of the same or higher ranking brackets.
  • Discharge hearings have up to a 7 day waiting period to allow the members involved to discuss your hearing.
  • OOC Demotions for OOC Corruption or defacing the State Patrol's reputation are denied the opportunity for a hearing.

Suspensions:
  • Suspension hearings may be filed the same day of your suspension.
  • Suspension hearings may be handled by the member who suspended you and one other of the same or higher ranking brackets.
  • Suspension hearings may not be filed for suspensions that are less than 72 hours in length.
  • Suspension hearings are expected to be handled as quick as possible.

While most hearings do have a 7 day waiting period, if a Command Staff member or Executive Staff member who sees that the involved parties are stalling or not conducting the hearing in a quick and efficient manner, CS or ES may step in and act in one of the following manners:
  • Overturn the hearing in the favor of the filer.
  • Punish the handling parties.
  • Take over the hearing and handle it accordingly.
  • Other actions may be taken depending on the situation.

If you hearing is denied, or is handled unfairly you are free to follow the chain of command and contact their superiors, or file a report a supervisor, or report a staff member report, which will then be handled by the correct parties. Once you have read through these guidelines you can gather the format from below and post in the correct section of the forums, and your hearing will be handled as soon as possible.

Code: Select all

[size=105][center][divbox=invisible][hr][/hr][fimg=450,150]https://i.imgur.com/L3L4al9.png[/fimg][hr][/hr][/center][/divbox][color=#ffffff]
[hr][/hr][legend title="Disciplinary Hearing Request" color="#e3b600" bgcolor="black" ]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Appealing:[/b] Blacklist/Discharge/Demotion/Suspension
[b]Reason:[/b]
[b]Evidence: [/b]
[hr][/hr][i]By signing my name below, I have read and understood the Disciplinary Hearing guidelines, am aware that hearings can take up to 7 days, and that I am to remain professional throughout the entire process and failure to do so will result in action taken against myself.[/i]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Date:[/b]
[/legend]
Lieutenant Colonel Jake Anderson - San Andreas State Patrol
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"